The Ei 164 is a heat alarm that runs on 230V AC mains power, and has built in tamper-proof rechargable lithium cells that act as a battery back up in the event of mains failure. These rechargable cells are designed to have a ten-year life and outlast the life of the heat alarm itself, whilst providing up to 6 months of heat alarm operation without mains power.
The alarm is designed to give a fire warning when the temperature at the unit reaches 58°C. Heat alarms are designed for use in kitchens and garages, where the use of optical or ionisation alarms would lead to unwanted nuisance alarms.
The alarm can be controllored remotely by a " test, silence and locate" switch (Ei1529RC).
• Fixed temperature fast response thermistor type sensor, range 58°C- 4°C
• Tamper-proof rechargable Lithium battery back-up
• Easi-fit base
• Built in Test/ Hush button
• Advanced suppression and calibration technology
• Interconnectable to other Ei mains powered alarms
• Memory feature indicates if an alarm has been previously activated.
• Low power cell warning
• Kitemarked to BS5446- 2:2003
• 5 Year Guarentee